When did we forget that we are all human beings and we all live on the same earth. Over the last week all the talk has been about relationships, but when we get right down to it, aren't we all humans on the same planet? Why do we find it necessary to find fault in everything someone else says or does even if it doesn't affect us. ( and yes I'm just as guilty sometimes) Do we all say something stupid and sometimes offensive? Sure we do,but most of the time they are off the cuff remarks and we apologize for them. Most people and I'm guilty of it, don't think before we say anything, especially in the heat of the moment, but most of the time we realize what we've said and apologize for it. I know I've touched on this subject on my previous blog, but it's still bothering me that we are still talking about language almost two weeks after the initial comments and we all know what I'm talking about and it kind of hits on my title.
One of the things that make this a great country that we live in is our freedom, granted with any kind of freedom we have to have our own personal censorship, being humans we all have feelings no matter what we tell others around us. Once again I'm going to preface this all by saying I'm not excusing what was said, however as it's been said time and time again since, this should open a new "dialogue" in our country...how many times have we heard that comment made and nothing changes. To be totally honest I don't care what someone thinks or says about me, does it hurt when something bad is said sure but you know what I get over it and move on, I don't become "devastated" by it, I'm not scared for life, and neither are most people. My belief is comments like that are what scar or devastate someone, not the actually words or deed, unless the deed is physical,they usually leave marks..., Well I guess I've exhausted this for now, hope I haven't offended anyone if i have get over it!!!!!! (just kidding)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment