Well I've decided to join the millions of others out ther in cyberspace and start my own BLOG!!!. I hear it's a great way to relive tension and put down you thoughts, so I figured why not. I always had a dream of being a writer when I was younger, real life intervend so I use this instead. I guess I'll usually write about what I think is going on in the world and other randomnise( is that even a word) that is in my brain.
I guess I should give some background about first. I am a married thirtysomething, no children, work for a major commuinications company, too embarassed to mention it's name here. Huge baseball, ice hockey and Nascar fan. Love music, really doean't matter what as long as it's good, by my display name you might be able to guess, for you others it's Dave Matthews band (DMB).
I am asked on a daily basis why we don't have any children, well there's a few reason, first of all to be totally honest my wife and I are very selfish, I know that sounds kind of cruel, mean, and as a close friend would say RUDE, however we are both only children, and being only children it really has affect you as you get older. Now, I am in no way blaming our parents, both of us came from rather hard times in the beginning, both of our parents struggled in the beginning to raise us, don't get me wrong neither of us were left without but it was a struggle, it became better as we grew older. I believe we both look back and are somewhat afriad that would be us, it's just something we don't want to do. Next is the fact that neither of us want that responsibility, I give great credit to those out there that do it, we have a close friend that has four children and she is an incredible mother, I just don't think I could handle it. I need to stop for a mintue here and explain, it's not that we don't like children, we've both helped in someways raise cousins we are both close to, so it's not a thing were we don't like them. It's nice to have fun with them, but it's nice to return them to there parents after a while, No this is not an offer to watch them...you know who you are!!!!
Finally, my wife has some health issues, we've never been told that having children would be a danger, but it's just not a chance I'm willing to take, my wife is world and my life, I could never imagine going on without her in it. I would never in a million years hold that againest a child if we were to ever have one and something happen to her, so that's not an issue either.
We've alwasy said that if it did happen and we got pregnant we would take it as a sign, but to be totally honest, I don't ever see it happening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi there ,let me take a moment of honesty and say I thought your blog name stood for "dumb fan",silly rabbit . Anyhoo thanx it's nice to hear that someone sees my hard work in rearing 4 children but it sucks that your not volunteering to watch them...I look forward to reading your blog and entering the "LIKELY WORLD"
Post a Comment