Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Blahh....Sickly
I spent the last few days home sick, it has given me time to reflect over something, first of all being sick really sucks, but mostly it gives you time to thing about what you have, and be thankful for those things. First my loving and caring wife, who by the way is sick now, I realize without her I would have nothing. Second my health, yeah yeah I know I'm sick and I'm thinking of my health, but I you all know what i mean, overall I'm a pretty healthy person, and I realize not everyone else around us is, I could be a lot worse off. This brings me to my point I guess, as I was sitting around, I was watching Oprah today, now anyone can tell you I'm not normally an Oprah watcher but being sick, after a while you'll watch pretty much anything and today it was Oprah, okay anyway, today Michael Moore was on about his new movie "Sicko", it is about the "medical system" in the U.S. and it seems like a very interesting film, like Moore's other films it makes you think about where we live. One of the things that he mentioned was the the U.S. is ranked 37th in the world when it comes to health care for it's citizen's, come on 37th, I thought we lived in an civilized society. Moore brought up the fact that in most countries, basically every other country the health care system is run by the government and is "NOT FOR PROFIT", unlike the U.S. Why do we as a country of freedom but up with this kind of treatment from person's that we elect? I know I know we have the right to vote, vote and our voices will be heard, but are they really being heard?..... So next time you go to the doctor or the hospital look around and remember 37th in the world for quality of health care.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment