Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Event ticketing

I guess I'm really bored now, two posts in one day, but like I said in my last post I'm sitting around with a lot of time on my hands. As I was sitting around today, I decided to look around for some tickets to concerts and sporting events I might like to check out this summer and of course since I waited sooo long to check I was left with only going through auction sites, what a joke. I mean when did it become okay to expect a person to fork out hundreds of dollars to go to a concert. I mean the true fans are being locked out of the concerts they want because money grubbing a**holes are getting the great seats and sticking it to the fans. I thought a few years ago it was great when the artists started fan clubs and offered tickets to they're fans as pre sales, but alass the money grubbing brokers are catching on and joining the fan clubs and getting in before anyone else can and once again the true fan is being screwed!!!! I understand some fan clubs are trying to stop this but looking for these tickets on the auction sites, but there is only so much they can do too, and what stops the broker from getting someone to sign up and use them, which I'm sure some are actually doing. Don't expect the government to do anything about it, I just read the other day that most states have stopped trying to go after the brokers and some are repealing the laws that they currently have against scalping, cause they feel it's a lost cause. Lastly, it's the fans that do pay the money that are the ones to blame maybe if the fan stopped paying the high prices the brokers would stop, but unfortunately there's always someone out there that wants to impress someone else, so they will pay the money. The only thing that will stop this is for the brokers to start getting stuck with tickets then maybe they will stop.
Another thing, when did these reunion tours mean you could screw the fans. Come one 300 bucks to see a band that hasn't been together for 20 years, if they are so broke then why didn't they get together sooner. I thought artist did what they did because they loved, not for the pay!!!! Stop with the big stage shows with explosives and fire, and play your music, that's what we're there for, not to see who has the biggest damn flames.....

No comments: